If You Love Citrusy Flavours and Orange comes to Your mind whenever You think about something Citrusy in Winters then Try Our Recipe of Orange Tarts…
Ingredients For Pastry:
1 1/4 cups flour (all-purpose)
2 tablespoons sugar (granulated)
1/2 teaspoon salt
7 tablespoons butter (cold)
3 tablespoons water (cold)
For Orange Filling:
8 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup Cream mixed with 1 tbsp lemon juice
3 egg yolks
2/3 cup orange juice (fresh)
2/3 cup sugar (granulated)
4 teaspoons zest (orange)
1) In a small bowl, mix the flour, sugar, and salt.
2) Using a food processor on pulse setting, mix the chilled butter into the flour mixture until it resembles bread crumbs.
3) Sprinkle the cold water onto the mixture and toss a few times gently, just until it forms a ball that holds together.
4) Separate the dough into two balls, flatten slightly into thick disk shapes, wrap in plastic wrap, and chill for 2 hours before working with it.
5) Preheat an oven to 375F.
6) Roll and trim the dough to make a circle large enough to fit a 10-inch tart pan or small tartlet pans.
7) Fit the pastry circle into the bottom and up the sides of the pan.
8) Line the dough with butter paper and put dried beans on it and bake for 15 minutes.
9) Remove the beans and bake the shell for an additional 5 minutes.
10) Set aside the pastry shell, still in the tart pan, to cool.
11) In a double boiler or a medium-size saucepan set over a large pan of simmering water, stir together 8 tablespoons butter and the soured cream.
12) Once this mixture is thoroughly combined, set it aside.
13) In a separate pan set over the double boiler, whisk together the eggs, egg yolks, and sugar. Stir the orange juice into the mixture and cook, constantly stirring for 3 minutes.
14) Add the orange zest and butter-cream mixture to the eggs and cook, constantly stirring for 3 minutes.
15) Pour the orange filling into the prepared pastry and bake it for 25 to 30 minutes, until it turns golden brown and the filling is set.
16) Allow the tart to cool in the pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Serve at room temperature, or chill in the refrigerator before serving.