I love makeup and the passion is growing everyday..! People who know Me often ask Me “How To Choose A Right Foundation To Get The Flawless Look”, in the beginning even I was a bit confused too but after using a huge variety of foundations I’m now in a better position to guide and suggest You all. So here is a Complete guide on “How To Choose A Right Foundation To Get The Flawless Look”. I’m sure you will be able to learn something new about foundations and your matching skin tone after reading the post.
Everyone wants a flawless skin, and a prefect foundation is a must for getting there. Only 15 percent of women choose the correct shade…!!! Make sure You know the answer to these three question before purchasing your new foundation:
- How would you describe your skin type (oily/combination, dry, normal or sensitive)?
- What are you trying to cover (large pores/acne, fine lines, brown spots, redness or even out the skin tone)?
- The look you are craving for is (dewy, matte or natural)?
For Oily Skin That Is Prone To Breakouts: avoid thick foundation. It has a lot of moisturizer can make your oily skin look more oilier. Stay away from heavy pancake foundations that can clog your pores. Instead, choose a lightweight foundation that won’t cause breakouts.
For Dry Skin: Use a moisturizing foundation: liquid foundations are probably the best choice for you. Some mineral based powder foundations can nourish your skin too, however powder foundations aren’t the best choice for your dry skin.
For Sensitive Skin: avoid foundations that can irritates your sensitive skin. Use hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic and fragrance-free foundations designed for sensitive skin.
Use Anti-aging Foundation: avoid foundations that gives you a mature skin. You probably want to stay away from powder-based and heavy matte foundations. These can settle into fine lines of your face and make you look older. Try lightweight liquid foundations with moderate coverage. Many cosmetic companies, such as Cover Girl, Loreal, Laura Mercier and Dior have a line of anti-aging foundations.
Choose a Foundation With SPF: look for a foundation with SPF of at least 15. Use a good sun screen as well to get the full protection your skin needs.
Take your hair color into consideration: Your foundation should look natural and complement your overall look. If you have recently changed your hair color, you need to change your foundation to suit your new look.
- For lighter hair color, a foundation with some warmth can keep you from looking too pale or washed out.
- For darker hair color: A lighter, cooler foundation often contrasts well.
- Redheads: should avoid foundations with too many pink or rosy tones.
Check Foundation Shades On Your Jawline: The jawline is probably one of the most common areas for testing foundation colors. This is a good way to make sure that your foundation matches with the skin of your neck. Apply a couple of colors to the jawline of your left check and a couple more to the right cheek. Looking at several shades at one time will help you compare the look and feel of different products.
The skin on your arm or hands is not a right place for testing foundation colors because the skin of your face has a different texture and color than that of your arm or hand.
Figure Out Your Skin’s Undertone:
- If you have a rosy or pinkish complexion, or a yellow or golden tint, your undertone is warm.
- Blue or purple tints, as well as olive or greenish type, mean you have a cool undertone.
- If you don’t see a definite tint in one direction or the other, then you probably have a neutral undertone.
Check the veins in your wrist or ankle for clues about your undertone. Veins that look purple bluish indicate a cool undertone. Veins with a faint green coloring suggest a warm undertone.
- Look for salicylic acid for acne prone skin, these formulas can actually reduce or even prevent breakouts.
- For a luminous glow, choose a lightweight water based liquid foundation.
- If you don’t have any problems with excessively oily or dry skin, a sheer liquid foundation or tinted moisturizer will even out your skin tone and conceal minor skin flaws.
- When in doubt, go darker. If you blend the color well, you’ll look tan. But wearing a too-light shade will always make you appear chalky and overly made up.
- Stand near a window or head outside to check your color.
- If you are confused get color matched by a trained makeup artist.
- L’Oréal Paris, CoverGirl, and Revlon have complexion-matching applications on their websites.
Hope now you are in better position of deciding what to buy and what not to achieve the flawless look…
Comment below and let us know which is Your Go-To Foundation?
Checkout My Post On Makeup And Beauty Trends 2018
You Can Check Various Videos on YouTube on the topic How To Choose A Right Foundation To Get The Flawless Look.